Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Holidays

This will be the first year that I'm not wishing for a white Christmas. I'll be flying JFK to Buffalo in the morning. I really hope Buffalo isn't snowed over!

On that note, Happy Holidays everyone. Here's a Christmas poem for you guys to enjoy. It's one of the ditties I write to put up on my website's opening page for each holiday.



We forgot the tree this Christmas Eve.

When Santa found out he must have been peeved.

I found our gifts on the front lawn

With a letter attached that told where we went wrong.

It said, “Look, it’s bad enough these days

That nobody has a fireplace.

I’m trying hard to modernize

In attempt to accommodate you guys.

But your doors have thirty seven locks

And those giant red sacks hardly resemble socks.

I had to send the elves to college

So they can build those fancy e-lec-tronics.

Everyone left cookies again.

That’s a lot of sugar for a senior citizen.

All I’m asking for is a way to get in

And a place to put the presents I bring.

Next year I hope that you’ll agree

To leave the door open and put up a tree”

1 comment:

  1. I leave Santa a slice of pizza and a can of Ensure by the wood stove, myself.

    ReplyDelete